Who says Kante can’t score!
Chelsea won their first away London Derby since they beat Spurs last year with a hard fought win against Palace. Sarri selected most of the same players with Giroud replacing Pedro, and Barkley replacing Kovacic. Loftus-Cheek missed out as he was apparently injured in training. Chelsea dominated the whole game when it came to possession and we continued to rack up our shots on post as we added two more to the collection in the first half. Palace sat back for the whole first half and continued to do so in the second as Chelsea found it hard to penetrate their defence. Finally in the 51st minute Luiz played a brilliant ball to Kante who had made a run into the box, Kante then chested the ball and finished brilliantly to seal the three points for Chelsea. Palace did try to fight in the final 5 minutes but it was too little too late.
- Kepa – Keeps another clean sheet with not much to do.
- Azpilicueta – Brilliant throughout the game as he led by example.
- Rudiger – Good.
- Luiz – Good.
- Alonso – Not great and I still can’t see why Emerson is not given a chance.
- Jorginho – Good at what he is there to do and it is pass the ball around to create spaces. He could improve on his shooting.
- Barkley – Barkley was good but considering that he is there to create chances and add a goal threat he played it to safe.
- Kante – Continues to improve in his new role and really is an example for all players who are forced to play out of position. Goal no 3 to his name.
- Willian – Hit the post, did not score and I want to see someone else.
- Giroud – Got the ball into the net on two occasions but was called offside on both. Unlucky not to score and came of injured late on.
- Hazard – Good not great I feel that he would have found more space if he had played centre forward.
- Kovacic – Good when he came on and kept the ball well.
- Morata – Want him to do well but I have been saying that for a season now.
- Emerson – Maybe start him in his left back position on Tuesday.
Having opened a 5 point gap from 5th and now only two points behind Spurs in 3rd Chelsea enter 2019 with lots to fight for. Quite a few injuries to deal with but the transfer window opens in a day and we need to dive in. COME ON YOU BLUES!!!